Amy Dury (b. 1971 London, UK) studied BA Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art (1993–97) and an MA Fine Art at University of Brighton(2000–02).
Recent notable events include appearing on Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year ’21, and accepted for the 2021 Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize. In March 2021 she conducted a livestream portrait painting session for the Tate Instagram.
She lives and works in Hove.
EXHIBITIONS & NOTABLE
- 2022 July -Beep Contemporary, Swansea
- 2022 July Atelier Brighton Open Call – Two paintings selected
- 2022 March ‘Time & Place’ with Jane Campling -Cameron Contemporary, Hove
- March 2022 Featured in Sussex Life Magazine
- February 2022 Featured in ‘Artists and Illustrators’Magazine
- Febrauary 2022 Winner of Zealous Painting Stories
- 2021 A Sense of Place – Group Show – Lanehouse Arts, St Leonards
- 2021 S8 E5 Sky Portrait Artist of the Year contestant
- 2021 ‘Amy Dury & Phillip Maltman’ at Rise Gallery, Berwick St., London
- 2021 Reconfiguring – 3 person Show at The Regency Town House, Brighton
- 2021 Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize – ‘Self-Defence’
- 2021 Society of Women Artists Annual Open Exhibition – ‘Council Worker’
- 2021 Livestream Portrait painting for the Tate -painting Cornelia Parker for International Womens Day.
- 2021 Rise Gallery, Soho group Show
- 2021 Winter Show Cameron Contemporary, Hove
- 2021 Group Show Kings Arch Gallery, Brighton
- 2020 Solo Show at Lara Bowen Contemporary
- 2020 ‘anon’ Group Show at Kings Arch Gallery, Brighton
- 2020 Shortlisted – the BP Portrait Award
- 2020 Longlisted – Jacksons Painting Prize
- 2020 Festival Exhibition at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2019 Longlisted – Jacksons Painting Prize
- 2019 Winter Show at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2019 Fresh Paint, a 6 person show of new artists at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2019 gnt gallery Eastbourne Solo Show
- 2019 Summer Show at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2018 Gallery 31 Brighton Solo Show
- 2005-2021 Brighton Open Houses May Exhibition, various venues