‘My subject matter is mostly figurative, I am naturally drawn to imagery from the past, and use archive film and photographs for sources. The activity of choosing imagery and selecting composition is key to the final outcome.
Looking back into our recent past is an act of remembering and nostalgic mis-remembering, with photographs becoming the memory which constructs stories about ourselves.
I am also drawn to the times gone past which seem less self conscious, more free and full of what we were becoming.
Key themes are innocence, freedom, friendship, connection and family. Sometimes these are shot through with threat or questions of roles – the notions of gender and the dynamics of power.’
- Zealous Stories – Interview Feb 22
- Tate Livestream Video
- Article for Artists & Illustrators magazine March 2022
- Interview with Draw Brighton Instagram Live
- Press Release for Rise Art Exhibition with Philip Maltman
- Interview for Rise Art
- Interview for Kings Arch Gallery
- Cameron Contemporary Gallery
- YouTube Channel